Monday, January 2, 2012

Birthdays!! Yes .... 2 of them!! (con't....)

Round 2! Ding ding! Every year we have a small "grandparents" birthday party for Tay. It's usually just Mike and me, Tay, and both sets of grandparents on or around her birthday.  Somewhere around February we have our Cousin's Birthday party at our house for ALL the cousin's.  If you remember from a December post, we have what we call the Cousin's Christmas for all the cousins in my family. So we have a small birthday party for Tay on or around her birthday every year. This year was totally different. We have one to add to Tay's party - Aiden! Tay's birthday was on Dec 30th and Aiden's birthday will be tomorrow, January 3rd! So, we celebrated both kids birthdays together with their grandparents last night, New Years Day.

The grandparents arrived around 4 yesterday afternoon. First, there were presents!


With big sister Taylor helping again.





This toy was super cool.  Aiden loved it! The cars go down the ramp after you hit a button and it makes real car racing sounds. He played with it for a long time. Thanks Granny and Grandaddy!





Next, Aiden was digging into his animal crackers at his new picnic table.  Taylor had one of these tables when she was little and she sat at it A LOT. So I'm hoping Aiden will like it just as much. So far, he seems to, although he'll pat the seat next to him and say, "sit"  asking me to sit next to him. Sorry buddy, not gonna happen. If I get down in that seat, I may not be able to get out.


Aiden also got a water table. I'd heard about these from my cousin and I knew Aiden would just love this thing! Although, he'll have to wait till summer to play with it, but it'll be awesome! This kid seriously loves water! Tay was opening her presents too.  This girl has a different sense of style, obviously, but I love that she can be similar to other girls, but be so different at the same time. That's my girl! Totally unique in her own way! :)

I think the biggest hit to the party was this awesome slide!!


He absolutely LOVED it!! I thought it may be a bit big for him, but seeing him laugh and go down that thing so many times, nah, it's perfect!


Like father, like son. Aiden got down in the floor to help daddy put it together. Really simple, put a few bolts and nuts in, a couple of screws and you're done, instant FUN!





Aiden's awesome big sister, helping out again!




On to cake and ice cream, the good stuff!  I'd kept the "2" candle from Taylor's second birthday and put it on Aiden cake.


We sang Happy Birthday to him and I moved in with the cake.




It  took him a couple of tries, but he actually blew out the candle! Wish I had a video of it, so cute!


YUMMY!! He loved the cake and the ice cream Grandaddy B was feeding him!


All gone! Even the crumbs didn't have a chance!



Next, Nana moved in for one of those Aiden hugs, they are THE BEST!


Aiden got to watch a video of himself on Nana's camera. He was glued to it.


All in all, the birthdays were THE BEST ever! It's so great to have Aiden with us on his second birthday. Still can't believe he's here sometimes.  I have to just look at him time and time again. He is one amazing little boy. Aiden has taught me so much that I can't believe all I've learned from him, a now soon to be 2 year old! He is one special little boy who I can't imagine my life without now.

Tomorrow will be a very special day.  There will be 3 mothers (birth mother, foster mother, and me) thinking about him all day long, loving him even more, and hoping the best for him always. I know we all have a very special place in our hearts for him. I hope he one day knows how much we ALL love him and cared for him in our own very special way. Although my heart will be heavy tomorrow, Aiden's heart will be full.

Aiden,
I promise, you will know who you are and where you came for when that day comes. You will know how much you were loved from the very beginning. Understand that she loved you so much, she wanted a better life for you, for you to have opportunities you wouldn't have otherwise. She only thought of you when she made the hardest decision of her life, to give you a better life.  We are so happy to have you in our family and love you so so much!

Mommie

                                                             The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
--- Unknown



Our Child!


~
With anxious hearts and open arms,

we sought you everywhere.

You, dear child, are a gift from God,

The answer to our prayer.

No matter whether birth or choice,
A home is blessed from above.
When caring parents claim their child,
A family is formed by love.....
---Unknown


Legacy of an Adopted Child


Once there were two women,
who never knew each other.
One you do not remember,
the other you call mother.
Two different lives,
shaped to make your one...
One became your guiding star,
the other became your sun.
The first gave you life and
the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love,
and the second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality,
the other gave you a name.
One gave you a seed of talent,
the other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions,
the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile,
the other dried your tears.
One gave you up ...
that's all she could do.
The other prayed for a child
and God led her straight to you.
And now you ask me,
through your fears,
the age old question
unanswered throughout the years...
Heredity or environment,
which are you the product of?
Neither, my darling neither.
Just two different kinds of love.....
---Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I loved the videos! Too cute! I can't believe Aiden will be two tomorrow! Time is flying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I really like the poems too! I might have to steal those from you. I cannot believe they have almost been home a year. I hope you all have a very special day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete