Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I was doing really good...

On January 20th, Aiden's Emigration Permit was approved!!  YAH!!   I was so so SO excited to read that!  It threw me into immediate action!  I washed 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 loads of Aiden's laundry.  It did take me a few days to finish all those loads and put them away.  His crib bedding is all washed and ready, clothes are hanging in his closet,  towels and  blankets put away. You name it, I washed it! I do have to say I was SICK AND TIRED of washing clothes after that! But I do have to admit, I really did like doing them. The room is ready,  I've got all my gifts sitting out ready to be packed,  working on getting Aiden's things together, but I've stopped at this point.  The EP approval lit a fire under my butt, so what's happened now?  I was doing really good.  Maybe it was the 5 loads of laundry, that's enough to send anyone into a stupor!  So what's the hold up?  It was all I could think of for the last week.

Maybe it's the wait again.  I can't believe we've gotten to this point and I've stalled.  We are so close to the end!   Have I run out of gas?  Am I so emotionally spent I have no more?  I don't want to wait for the Travel Call and then freak because all these things I'd planned on doing  aren't done yet. (I am the perpetual planner!)  I almost feel like we're waiting on things to process again, like we're suffering through a major holiday again and they're not there to push that paperwork through again.  But they are there in the Seoul office, processing paperwork, setting up Visa Physicals, etc.  I was doing really good, what happened?

Or, maybe I'm overwhelmed. There's so many details that need to be remembered.  Bulkhead seating on the plane ride back. Buy a lap ticket.  Request baby meal on plane.  Remember to call the credit card company before using it.  Remember all lists of things to buy while there.  Don't forget to keep driver's gift handy for after you land in Seoul.   I could go on for days.   Maybe I just can't figure out how to handle all those little things that need to be taken care of before hand, like right now!  I don't know,  I think I need a little push again.  Give me something else Seoul!  Give me one more little tidbit of info that makes me think we're almost there.  I need another fire lit! ;)

8 comments:

  1. When I get overwhelmed lists help me. Make a list of every aspect of your trip. Even if you don't finish every list maybe it will make you feel better and get you moving again. Oh, and when you get done with your lists email them to me! Haha! Kidding! Sort of. ;)
    Hang in there...he's almost home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. You are getting so close. Just try to relax! It will all come together. When you hear the words, "your son is ready to come home" you will have things ready to go and it will all work out. Hang in there a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take. Deep. Breaths. =) What I did during our 13 day wait from Travel Call to the day John McRae was placed into my arms was this. I made a list, and each day I checked off at least one thing. It helped me feel as though I was in control and assured me that I wasn't forgetting anything. It'll all get done, and if not, it will still be OK. If you need to chat, I've msg'd you my cell # on Facebook. Hang in there, Aiden is so close to being home now and he won't care if those towels are washed, or if the driver got his gift --he's just going to want some love and security from his new family! I know 100% that you will be wonderful in that dept. and that's all that really matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO close!! This truly is the home stretch, but I know how hard it is. Check your mailbox in a few days...you might just find a little surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Cindy's SIL & have been following & praying for your journey via her blog. Praying you will get some news of visa physical this week so you know you're one step closer to TRAVEL CALL! I can't wait to see pics of Aiden in his Mommy's arms! Praying for your renewed strength & energy so you will be ready for Aiden's journey HOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah - I am right there with you... I am so tired and so ready and I just don't think I can wait another day....I am really praying that those VPs will happen soon and then we really are in the home stretch!!!!! Hope you have a good weekend and stay busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I am feeling the same way. I got all the gifts bought and her bag is packed and ready. But for some reason I have shut down. I am like you... I need another pick me up of some news. I am really hoping their VP's have happened or scheduled and we just don't know it. By the way, I Aiden is going to love his new Buzz Lightyear toy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lady you are on your way! I'm like you..such a planner! Even when it feels like things are moving, if I am busy doing something I feel productive and ok. It's those days at a time with nothing is happening that upset me. I make a list as well every week of stuff I want to get done. At least I look forward to work towards our son, even if we are not getting any travel news at all. Hoping it's not too much longer now!

    ReplyDelete