Friday, December 31, 2010

From 2007 till 2011

In 2007 we started our adoption journey to our son.  And each year after that I said, "this'll be the year!" And, each year, it wasn't our year.  So moving forward to 2010.  In July of 2010 we were blessed with this little guy's picture, Yeong-min!



So today is the last day of 2010.  I'm really getting excited, but.....  Getting to this year has been a long haul.  So many times answering, "no, not yet."  And tons of "maybe next year" and  too many to count of "I don't know when." So 2011 is vastly approaching - yah!  I've had so many years of let downs, will this be our year?     I've had so many years of "maybe this year will be our year" that I really wonder if this next year will be our year?

ML commented on a blog post of mine not too long ago.  This is some of what she said,  "I learned more about myself and grew as a person, a wife, a friend, and as a Christian more during his adoption than I did the rest of my life till that point."  This is so true.  I have grown in each of those areas, truly!  Although this process has been really really hard at times, it has been a journey.  I always wondered, in the beginning, why they called it a journey.   I am traveling so far to get our son, but haven't gone anywhere yet!  It's such a mental journey, that some days are just exhausting.  But some days I'm filled with dreams of having him here, what our daily routine will be, and a lot of "I wonder how this is going to be with Aiden here."  Sometimes when we're out running around, how's it going to be with Aiden with us?  I can so see all of that happening.  But our journey isn't over yet.   Sometimes I feel this journey is just starting.  Aiden may very well be coming home this next year - 2011.  So, yeah,  I'm ready!  There has been disappointment after disappointment each year.  But I've got a good feeling that 2011 will be our year!

5 comments:

  1. This is your year!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you with little Aiden in your arms! It will be time before you know it. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and for listening to me moan and groan over the little things! I'm praying for you daily and can't wait to see those posts for EP, TC, and everything in between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pretty good feeling 2011 is your year, too! I'm so ready for all the exciting news to start hitting the BB. You are SO CLOSE to your sweet boy! You'll be in Seoul before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! 2011 is going to be your year my friend!!! I just KNOW IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be your year! Has to be!!! We are also in year 3 of this never-ending journey and I can completely sympathize with your words!!! I still don't feel like it will ever happen...but maybe it will??? Praying for fast moving on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so your year! Soon you'll be home from Seoul and you'll be giving me travel tips! :-)

    ReplyDelete