Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 3, 2012

On this date, yesterday actually, Aiden turned 2 years old. I can not believe he has been home with us for 10 months tomorrow.  He was actually placed in our arms 10 months ago yesterday.  Confusing? Hardly.... Aiden has been with us for 10 months now, and he's 2!!

I remembered that I had his Hanbok in his closet.  I got it out today so I could take a picture of him in it. I took it out of the sack and showed it to Aiden.  He seemed less than thrilled when he saw it, a little scared really. I tried to put it on him and he was fighting me a little, which is totally not him! Not sure what he was thinking, but he never fights me putting anything on him, maybe except a hat, which he won't wear by the way. So I told him that he can have some M & M's if he'd let me put it on him.  Attention granted! So he let me finish putting the Hanbok on him. Then I tried to take a picture.  Here's the first one, not bad, but not what I was wanting!

 
He was moving around and I thought, standing up would be better.  More M & M's... Notice the red M & M in his left hand.


Okay eyes closed, next!!! I took him into the kitchen.  My bed was not the best background. Duh!


As soon as I took him into the kitchen, he planted himself here. More M & M's needed. Maybe the stairs will be better.


This is the only light switch he can reach in the whole house.  Trying again....



I can't believe he kept the headpiece on so long, but this one pretty much says I wanna take this hat off!



Finally, a picture I can live with. Not great, but it'll do.  


So, my little Korean cutie is 2 now.  I still can't believe it!  Yesterday morning, when I went in his room to get him out of bed, the first thing I said was "Happy Birthday!"  Usually I say, "Good Morning!" The first thing I thought of when I was changing him, was his birth mother.  I had a few tears well up in my eyes, but pushed them back.  I was sad for a few minutes thinking about her and what a hard decision she made.  His birth mother wasn't young, according to Aiden's records, his birth mother was 38 when she gave birth to him, 38! She knew she couldn't take care of him, she didn't have family that could help. But, she did the next best thing. She choose to give him up so a loving family could take him to a far away land, a place where he would be so loved and cared for.  What a selfless thing to do. 

I thought of her from time to time all day, hoping she would know in her heart that he was being loved and cared for, that he was/is  a very happy little boy, and that he will have every opportunity life has to offer. Aiden deserves so much because he is that special, he is a loving and happy little boy, and he has shown and taught me so much about myself.  Like I've said before, he has shown me how I was thinking all wrong about my own adoption. I never once thought of my birth mother and how she must have felt through the years of my life, not once.  But one morning, it finally clicked with me. Click here if you'd like to read my "ah ha" moment blog post.  I'm posting the last paragraph again, because it pretty much sums up how I feel now.


I don't know if I ever would have realized this if Aiden wasn't here with me.  This little guy,



is my savior. He is teaching me so much about myself.  He was destined to be with me and my family from the very beginning.  I never knew the impact he would have on my life and my families lives till now.  So through the years when Aiden's birthday comes around, I will always remember his birth mother, her loss, and her gift to us. I will always say a prayer thanking her for Aiden and hope that she has peace in her heart.  And as my birthday rolls around from this day forward, I will say a prayer for my birth mother also, thanking her for my life, and hope that she has peace in her heart, just as I have now.


2 comments:

  1. Precious Post! I love his hanbok! I have not seen one in black and red before. So cute! I plan to put Ella's on too for her birthday. I hope you had a great day with that cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Aiden. He looks very handsome. I love his Hanbok too!

    ReplyDelete